C4 Forums | Control4

How about a.............

Ajbarrister

Cool idea. Currently I'm doing the same thing using motion sensors that are linked into a security system. You could probably also do it using the CardAccess wireless contact switch connected to a motion detector if you don't want to go through an alarm.

For rooms like the laundry and out storeroom, I just decided to skip the Zigbee and used a motion-sensitive switch, but I can definitely see where having both would be useful.

--Jason

If you're going to do a Zigbee motion sensor solution, just use CardAccess' wireless Zigbee motion sensor, not a separate motion sensor tied into a CardAccess contact device. If you were to do the separate motion sensor, you still need to provide 12v power to it...

RyanE

If you're going to do a Zigbee motion sensor solution, just use CardAccess' wireless Zigbee motion sensor, not a separate motion sensor tied into a CardAccess contact device. If you were to do the separate motion sensor, you still need to provide 12v power to it...

RyanE

Excellent suggestion (of which I was unaware). I just purchased my first CardAccess product (a contct switch with external antenna) and was not aware of their motion detector before.

--Jason

Archived