C4 Forums | Control4

VIO/Houselogix and door bell

eggzlot

Trying to find out what I am missing.  With the original C4 door station, when someone rang the bell, the touchscreens gave off a "door bell ring" sound to alert people indoors.

I am not getting that action with the VIO unit.  I tried to even use my Sonos to play an announcement.  When I click "execute" in Composer HE it works, but physically pressing the button does not provide the audio sound, nor will it give the PiP displays or send the push notification programmed below.  I tried to program off when new holovision is making a new outgoing call.  The other options seemed more limited (call start, call end, incoming call, call paused, call resumed and then changes to DND, Auto Answer, Monitor Mode and Send video).  I also looked at the properties tab and the area for behavior is all gray'd out so I cannot select "play door chime".  Any help here?  I'd prefer the touch screens to ring as I have screens in some places where I do not have Sonos.  If I have to rely on announcements, I'll have to figure out something for areas without good sonos/music placement.

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Over a week.  Open ticket.  All they said was update firmware. Done and no difference and now houselogix is MIA. 

Part of of my recent clean up and update included 2 more drivers (maybe a 3rd with Kodi) from houselogix.  Good thing I did not pay or install those yet, having second thoughts if this is their support.  

Archived