C4 Forums | Control4

Lost C4 screen

For some reason when I press the red 4 button I dont get the GUI any more, I have tried it with 2 remotes so something is not right.

Can anyone point me to a place to look, I have access to a laptop with composer pro but I have never messed with the interface so I'm not sure where to look

What kind of controller, and what kind of video connection from the controller to the TV are you using? Is the system still powering on and switching to the correct inputs?

Media controller to my denon 4306 via composite

Everything works via the remotes and the LCD screen, I just get no C4 screen when I press the red 4 button

go into composer...click on the connecctions tab....and highlight the mc and see if there is anything under on screen navigator...if there is, what does the remote say when you hit the 4 button? this should be an easy fix, let me know.

Neil

It wouldn't be switching to the correct inputs if the bindings were incorrect or missing. Also, if navigator is turned off, you stll should get a white control4 screen that I beleive says "loading" or "please wait" (the same one you get when you first fire up the MC).

I'd say check your cable to make sure it's in on both ends, then check to see if your receiver is set up correctly to do the video switching you're asking it to do, ie video upconvert..

Hope that helps!

Archived