C4 Forums | Control4

1.6 Update MC Music File

Any issues surfacing with the music files in the MC after the 1.6 Update?

After the update everything is working fine and all zones are passing Audio from sirrus, Dish Network, etc.

The only issue I have is that I am not able to play any of the MP3 files on the MC now. Getting errors trying to paly all music on MC. "Error occured initializing audio."

I have gone in and deleted the audio files and have tried to rip a few CD's with no success. They show up on the navigators after the rip with like it ripped four copies of the CD with only one have the mp3 files in it. Very strange.

Any ideas to try ?

Thanks

Something was posted on the Offical Dealer Forums about having multiple copies and bindings to the 'Digital Audio' device, and that it was a 1.3 bug that created it, but it didn't affect 1.3's audio playback, but would affect 1.6's audio playback.

The fix is to delete your Digital Audio device from within Composer, and re-add a Digital Audio device.

I don't have more details than that, because I'm on the road.

RyanE

Just had the same problem, along with my boss...

Deleting the Digital Audio object did not appear to fix the problem. However, to get the Digital Audio object back, I added a 2nd Media Controller (I did not want to delete my existing Media Controller and reconfig it)...

When I did that, my MC16 Amp went tango uniform. Room output started cycling accross all inputs...not good...

So, I deleted and re-added the MC Amp and we're back in business.

Hope this helps.

Robert

P.S. Boss is working on his tonight and I'll report back

UPDATE: Boss's system did not work until Digital Audio was removed and re-added...

Archived