C4 Forums | Control4

Start a particular TuneIn podcast from shortcut

Joshua Pressnell

I like to listen to the most recent episode of a few podcasts in the morning while I do dishes.  The TuneIn driver doesn't have any easy hooks in the programming side to create button shortcuts or scheduled timers with.  Is there any way to do this "under the hood"?  It seems like a glaring omission.

• 4 weeks later...

There is one thing I need you to check. With the tune in podcast, can you save the channel or show as a favourite in the control4 interface? If so then this is completely possible.

First, make sure you have a free tunein account so that we can use your favourites for programming.

Second, find the tunein driver in composer on the system design tab. In the center you need to enter your account credentials and click set beside each line you change.

Third, using your tunein account online or on smartphone app select the show or channel you want and save it as a favourite. Ensure you can go to your favourites and select the item afterwards.

Fourth, now that we know your favs. Work on the app, we program control4 to read the favs. On the tunein driver click on actions tab and select sync favourites. Then you can program any action to trigger the favourite.

Fifth, to program select action that you want on the left side of screen when in programming and on right side select the room you want the favourite to play in. Now select bbab9d6d002dfca505b1f366580d149d.jpg and then broadcast audio 63a3b36dac061560f882932bebb3e97f.jpg

And then drag green arrow in to the center. Now when action is executed that favourite will begin playing in the desired room.

Good luck and I hope this makes sense. Happy Automating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, old school thought coming on.

Do you have an onscreen navigator in your home?

If so, you can program a macro on the onscreen to mimic your button presses as you would select room and then select tunein and the podcast. Assuming the podcast can be searched or found the same way each time this would work.

If you would like help walking through how to program a macro in that way let me know.

Happy Automating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived