C4 Forums | Control4

Rhapsody Outside US

AndersE

Any of you had any luck using Rhapsody outside US?

I manage to get the Free25 working in Europe, but Unlimited is rather hard.

I know it is supposed to be US only, but maybe someone had found a solution. The service is great together with 1.6...

Enjoy your trials cos once they're over, they're over. Unless you have in your name (or know someone who has one) a US credit card with a US address attached to it, they won't let you register a plan. A customer of mine who is a business lawyer here in Canada tried everything. So unless you're a US citizen or own a US based business with a US bank issued credit card, you're out of luck.

Now's a good time to make new buddies in the US ;)

I don't have all the details but it's got nothing to do with Control4. It's a music distribution rights issue (legal) and Rhapsody and other parties involved are hard at work on this so complaining won't help you. As mentionned above, the only way you can sign up for a Rhapsody plan right now (and for awhile) is to find a way (or a buddy from south of our border) to charge it to a US issued credit card.

I could be wrong since I'm just starting to use it myself but from what I understand, they filter IP adresses for the plan registration process but once registred, you're in.

It looks at your MAC adress (of the machine(s) using Rhapsody) since you're alowed 3 machines/streams. You can use their player ( http://download.listen.com/download/RhapsodyReal.EXE?from=rhapweb&ext=.exe ) on your computer just the same as you could use C4 to stream their music.

The thing is... I signed up for unlimited from a Norwegian computer. That worked a l"ittle bit fine". They pulled the money from my account, but when checking the account i says "Free-25". And "Free-25" is the mother of all teasing.

I better start making T-shirts with "Seeking US Rhapsody friends with creditcard", and hang along the C4 booth at Cedia.

I live in Ontario. Went through the process about a month ago. You need a US billing address with a US credit card, untill your account is set up this way they filter your ip and will not allow access. I've had it running and it works great with my C4 system but when I try to use Rhapsody software on my computer I'm still not allowed access. I haven't had time to check into this. I'm just happy that it works at all! I still wish it was easier so we can sell this.

The thing is... I signed up for unlimited from a Norwegian computer. That worked a l"ittle bit fine". They pulled the money from my account, but when checking the account i says "Free-25". And "Free-25" is the mother of all teasing.

I better start making T-shirts with "Seeking US Rhapsody friends with creditcard", and hang along the C4 booth at Cedia.

When you go into Rhapsody account info on your touchscreen, what plan does it show? it may be that your Free 25 is not over and your plan will only kick into effect once the 25 days is passed. You should be able to log into your account on Rhapsody's site and look at your billing/credit info.

But hanging at the C4 booth is always a good thing :D

• 1 year later...

Archived