C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone with a 2016 JVC projector and using the latest C4 driver with problems?

I'm using a 2016 JVC projector and controlled with C4 (2.8.2) over ethernet, and since day 1 when I set it up with the latest JVC projector driver, C4 would show the status of the device going between "online" and "offline" status.  When the projector is offline, it won't respond to commands, so won't power on when instructed to, and won't power off (or do anything else when in the offline state).  Doing a trace of the driver, C4 is sending a "ConnectionStatusChanged" proxy command telling the driver that the projector is offline, so the driver tries to reconnect.  However, when I run a PING loop over the network to the projector, the PING never drops and stays steady, indicating that the projector never physically drops the network connection.   As a test, I tweaked the JVC projector driver to ignore the offline status message and always show the projector as being online, and now the projector responds 100% to C4 control.   I don't think this is a driver issue, but seems to be an issue with the underlying proxy code that is reporting the network status.

Anyone else have an installation with a JVC projector and having similar problems?

Well, for me, i have a network cable run to the projector, but not serial or ir, so just a choice.  One advantage of ip is you can then use another app to access and control the projector, which you can't with serial (or, i can use the jvc ir remote).  Not necessarily an advantage, but just an alternative means to control.  I do have extra wires run to the projector, so could do serial, but ip should work fine - that is, unless there's a c4 bug that needs fixing (not sure yet)

I had an older rs55, and with the c4 jvc driver circa 2012, it worked like a charm.  With the 2016 jvc, c4 released a new driver, and i figured that it would work better than the old one.  Silly me...  :)

I plan to go back to the old driver (since the ip control commands have not changed), and then update it as needed (the new jvc driver does support some additional control commands, but easy to add to the old driver).

Archived