C4 Forums | Control4

Sonos delay just started

ryanm

I just started having a delay in my sonos 5.1 surround. I have an ea1 with my sonos in my master bedroom..and an ea5 with my 8 Zone amp matrix. There is all of a sudden a 1 second delay in the sonos behind my master bath in ceiling speakers. I restarted everything...network and whole house power...updated Sonos and no improvement. Ive only had my system for a couple weeks. My installer is blaming my netgear GS728TXP switch and netgear router R8500. I've disabled STP, port forwarding, etc, and not experiencing system wide problems, just the sonos. Any thoughts?

What does your Sonos 5.1 consist of? Playbar, sub obviously but are you using a connect amp or play1's as rears. 

Im assuming master bath zone is run off the 8 zone smart amp. Is the Sonos connect plugged directly into that? If it's looping thru the EA5 that's a problem. 

Lastly how much of your Sonos stuff is hardwired to the network?

My rears are play1. No connect amp.

My playbar is the only one hardwired. I turned off the Sonos and turned on my TV speakers and still had a delay..comapred to master bath while playing pandora. In my bedroom I have one ethernet source with a router as a switch only, to my ea1, playbar, ps4. I also have only one coax and and hdmi switch..not that that should be effecting anything. 

My living room just has in ceiling, with my TV setup and an ea1, but two coax and ethernet ports. I can stream that cable TV audio source to other rooms of my house, but I can't stream my bedroom TV audio to other sources. Does that make sense or even related?

how is the master bathroom being powered? connect amp? Do you have more than the ea1 processor? If you're getting music thru TV sounds like there is a Sonos looped thru a C4 processor somewhere which is why there is a delay.  I'd get a new dealer out there to figure it out. Do you have a CONNECT from Sonos for house audio?

I do not have a connect.  In the basement I have an ea5 and 8zone amp/matrix. I have an ea1 in living room and an ea1 in master bedroom. Not sure the source of the music hoping ea5

So you're streaming from the processor and not the sonos.  Delay is likely from analog connection to the 8 zone amp and the hdmi (digital) into the tv then playbar.  You should have been sold a CONNECT for your house audio and use the native streaming from the Sonos to keep in sync.  Even if you had the HDMI from the ea5 into an AVR and analog to an 8zone amp there would still be a minute delay due to the D/A conversion

I guess the source in the master is the ea1, not the ea5 in the basement (master bath speakers), but guessing that still explains the delay. They initally had connect amp in spec and I was hesitant so they said they could make it work without.

I guess the source in the master is the ea1, not the ea5 in the basement (master bath speakers), but guessing that still explains the delay. They initally had connect amp in spec and I was hesitant so they said they could make it work without.

Not sure what he did but got it synced without a connect

Archived