C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie Question regarding 6-button keypad and Zigbee networking...

Hooch

Is the 6-button keypad a Zigbee relay? Meaning will the 6-button keypad transmit the remote control V2 commands to the next closet relay and finally to the controller for processing?

I am having issues where my remote controls v2 are losing thier connection to the controller or have very, very poor performance when on the second floor of my home.

I have a HT 300 controller in the basement, a switch on the main floor in the garage, a 6-button keypad in the kitchen of the main floor and a 6-button keypad in the Master Bedroom located on the 2nd floor....

There are times when the remotes will not work on the second floor....

Would it help if I had a switch on the 2nd floor near the Master Bedroom (this the farthest room from the controller)?

What other components help the Zigbee network besides controllers?

Thanks for your help!

Hooch

"I'd rather be boating!"

2, 3 and 6 button keypads also.

I like the CardAccess wireless contact swith with the external antenna. It has great range from the external antenna. Power it via a 12volt supply and you are good to go.

That little guy works great. Get super range out of it in a 4,000 sqft home, with zigbee on one side of the house (first floor) and zigbee devices on the opposite end (same floor), and the wireless contact in the middle. Doesnt do anything other than repeat zigbee. Your Mileage May Vary.

Yes all dimmers, switches and keypads transmit and amplify zigbee signals. Keep in mind it is a mesh network so its not wheither you place a keypad inbetween the controller and the remote it has to do with how many keypads/dimmers you have. The more devices the more powerful the zigbee is.

Archived