C4 Forums | Control4

Volume randomly changing 2.9 with Alexa

Not sure if it's 2.9, or Alexa integration, but the volume in my TV room randomly changes. Usually back to default volume. Listening to music from Sonos. Volume changes from 20 to 32 (default for the room). Later, watching TV at 40, and it suddenly goes to maybe 25. Volume keys on remote don't work for at least 10 seconds.

Really weird. Haven't noticed it in other places since we use the TV room the most. Anyone have any ideas?

I do. But that's not it. It's just randomly reverting to default volume for the room. Not when I change sources, but 15 minutes in or whatever. it's never happened until I installed 2.9, and integrated with Alexa.

1 minute ago, marcs said:

I do. But that's not it. It's just randomly reverting to default volume for the room. Not when I change sources, but 15 minutes in or whatever. it's never happened until I installed 2.9, and integrated with Alexa.

is it doing it when songs change? mid song? 

this happens to me also, I think there is some lag or cache where your command, like increase volume, gets stored/delayed instead of being immediately executed, and then it gets spit back out at a random time interval so it seems like it comes out of nowhere. It was worst when it was my theater system not listening to C4 remote, I would manually adjust the knob on the theater receiver to the volume I wanted, then literally 15 minutes later the thing would wake up, receive the command I had given it previously, and then blare the audio, sometimes to levels worrying for speaker damage.

It's doing it mid-song, or, while watching TV (like the Cubs game) and not changing the channel. I haven't changed any programing except linking Alexa using 4site. I've been paying attention and it's reverting to the the exact default volume setting every time.

Archived