C4 Forums | Control4

10" Update and Fast Forwarding in a Song....

Big_Tex

Thanks to everyone for recommending the 10" over the 7". I bought the 10" and I love it...so does the wife. For those of you who recently upgraded to 1.6 and Rhapsody...the 10" is a must. The smaller interface on the 1.6 Navigator makes the 4" screens almost useless. The new interface is MUCH easier to operate on the 10" and I've been pleasantly surprised with its performance. While its screen isn't the best it gets the job done.

Has anyone tried to fast forward through a song in their digital library or in Rhapsody after upgrading to 1.6? I can’t' find the old controls (player controls) that used to allow you to fast forward and rewind a song in progress. The only controls I can find allow you to forward to another song altogether; I need more control. I liked the old "Player Control" screen. I can't find ANY controls to forward within the song. Can someone help? This sucks.

Thanks!

Big Tex

I also noticed I no longer get album data. We used to be able to click on the album and all this awesome metadata was there. When the album was recorded, data about the band, tidbits, etc... Is that also gone? Why would they remove and not replace these two awesome and critical features. I loved the album data. What's up?

Thx

I've been having some issues with the 10" freezing. Could this be related to a bad WIFI signal? What's the typical behavior when it looses signal or has a weak one? Sometimes the damn thing just freezes and I have to walk all the way to the WIFI closet to get it to work again. Worse yet if I turn it off and it doesn't have a VERY good signal it won't boot up. I have to go in and manually tell it to connect to the director.

Thoughts??? I wish there was a active notification that said hey my connection sucks.

I've been having some issues with the 10" freezing. Could this be related to a bad WIFI signal? What's the typical behavior when it looses signal or has a weak one? Sometimes the damn thing just freezes and I have to walk all the way to the WIFI closet to get it to work again. Worse yet if I turn it off and it doesn't have a VERY good signal it won't boot up. I have to go in and manually tell it to connect to the director.

Thoughts??? I wish there was a active notification that said hey my connection sucks.

Your WIFI led color should change with your signal strength. The 10.5 screens are real good with a Good WIFI and well, not so good with a moderate WIFI.

Have your dealer measure your strength for you and advise from there.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tips.

What color should the led be for good? Mine switches between amber brown and red. I assume that sucks.

Let’s assume I need to replace the router. What should I buy? What's the best and will work the best with C4? Any recommendations? I currently have a Netgear and I'm not a big fan. It's a G with MIMO.

Does the fact that I have WEP enabled make this problem even worse? You mentioned the 10" doesn't work well with moderate WIFI. Are the symptoms I'm describing similar to problems others have had?

Any other suggestions on how to improve the 10” performance?

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips.

What color should the led be for good?

Green

Mine switches between amber brown and red. I assume that sucks.

Sorry, yes.

Let’s assume I need to replace the router. What should I buy? What's the best and will work the best with C4? Any recommendations? I currently have a Netgear and I'm not a big fan. It's a G with MIMO.

This answer varies, I use DLink or Linksys with my installations but which ever, insure that the Firmware is updated..

Keep in mind with your system your Network is the Foundation.

Insure stability.

Does the fact that I have WEP enabled make this problem even worse? You mentioned the 10" doesn't work well with moderate WIFI. Are the symptoms I'm describing similar to problems others have had?

The fact that your WEP is enabled does not make this worse. A weak WIFI Network is a weak WIFI Network.

No suggestions come to mind that haven't already been mentioned.

Good Luck..

Thanks for the tips.

What color should the led be for good? Mine switches between amber brown and red. I assume that sucks.

i set up a sepearte access point just for my 2 10" panels and let them have exclusive access and they work flawlessly... b4 this move tehy had a few lockups a week.

Archived