C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace and 2 Buttons

I have seen many discussions on fireplace connects on the forum, but I'm not seeing how to fix my issue- or, I'm missing something.

I have two fireplaces. Both are setup with a low-voltage wire running from the fireplace to a standard house switch to control turning the unit on and off manually. Behide the house switch I also have a cat5 line running from the wall location to a HC. I would like to replace the house switch with a 2-button to a) control the fireplace through automation and B) have the ability to still turn the unit on and off manually.

On a third fireplace, I had the luxury of having 110V connection. I wired the 2-button normally and connected the fireplace low-voltage to the cat5 and it works really well.

Unfortunately for the two fireplaces mentioned above, I don’t have the ability to get to a 110v power connection.

Any suggestion?

Tim

The 2 button will run of of low voltage (36 volts to be exact). C4 sells a low voltage transformer part number C4-KPS36-M-B. You could use a few of the conductors of the Cat-5 to run power to the 2 button from the transformer and a few other conductors to run the fireplace control down to your controller. Program the 2 button to control the relay on your controller.

Archived