C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat calls cool and heat simultaneously

I have three wireless control4 Tstats controlling three air handlers and three sets of condensing units, a single stage and two two stage. (two of the air handlers are for the first floor main area and the kitchen and the third is for the second floor) My heat is via a low pressure boiler and three seperate circulating pumps, pumping hot water to the air handlers. That is to say the heat source is common to the three air handlers.

Two of the Tstats work fine. The third, the second floor "zone" works fine in heat mode but in cool mode it calls for both cool and heat.

The result is the same when "working" Tstats from the other zones are substituted for the one in the zone that calls for cool and heat simultaneously.

When we Replace the Control4 Tstat with a conventional Tstat the cool call works properly and there is no simultaneous heat call.

Any ideas?

Oh, wiring is as follows: Red to R, White to W1, Y to Y1,Blue to Y2, Green to G, Brown to Common, Remote temp sensor wired one wire to Sensor and the other to Common.

What is going on?

Mack Fowler

• 4 weeks later...

Call an HVAC tech to come out and wire it up correctly. Most likely wired wrong or they are defective.

You need to call the C4 installer NOT a HVAC Tech. If it was working properly with the conventional Tstat and when you replace the C4 Tstat with the old Tstats and it works I would say it's more of a C4 Issue.

Have you taken a C4 Tstat thats working and swap out the one thats not working? If so what are your results?

Well, I went that route and called my C4 tech when my T-stats were acting up and they couldn't figure it out. My HVAC tech came out and noticed right away that it was wired incorrectly. Plus, when he tested the heat pump/air handler he found that the T-Stat, even when wired up correctly was not working properly. He installed my original T-Stat back and everything worked fine. HVAC bill paid by C4 dealer. ;)

Sweet, glad you got it worked out :)

Now all I have to do is get them to caugh up for the network snafffoooo. My new C4 dealer subs to an HVAC guy to do the T-Stat wiring and then they take care of the programming, test system from heat pump to air handler to T-stat to ensure everything works. Last thing you want is for your T-Stat set to cool and it's energizing your heaters in your air handler at the same time your A/C is running... ouch on that electric bill.

• 1 year later...

Archived