C4 Forums | Control4

Multi Room Sonos

I have 4 different zones in my house.  1 zone is the Sonos Playbar and the other 3 are in ceiling speakers that are connected to 1 Sonos Connect and a C4 4 zone amp.  Before the Sonos/Spotify update I was able to play something different in each individual zone, but now I can't.  I can play someone on the Playbar and push it to another zone and something from the Connect to another zone.  So basically I can only play 2 different things at once when it comes to Spotify where as before I could play 4.  Was there a firm ware change with the last Sonos update that caused this?  Is there something in composer HE to get my 4 individual "spotify" zones back?

You have 1 sonos connect which = 1 stream from that sonos into your 4 zone amp. You could play another source from the controller (pandora tune in) or whatever else is plugged in. 

At no point would you have ever been able to have 2 different Spotify streams coming from that c4 amp unless you had another sonos plugged in

The only sonos equipment I have is the 1 connect and 1 playbar.  Before the updates I was able to have a different playlist from Spotify playing in each zone.  So yes at every point up until this last Sonos/Spotify update I was able to have 4 different spotify streams coming from my amp.

Archived