C4 Forums | Control4

night time programming

I need advise with night time programming in scheduler. I'm trying to turn on a hall light from the mudroom when i get home and it's dark. My script looks like this

when mudroom->2-button keypad button 1 is pressed

>turn on mudroom -> light

? if time is night time

-> turn on hall light

when i press the button anytime of day both lights come on. What am i doing wrong?

It would be helpful if you can post a screenshot of your code, that makes it easier for us to understand what's going on. See my post here:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?pid=6077#p6077

for a great screen capture program.

In this case, I can't tell from the way you've typed it, but the behavior makes it sound as though the third line is not embedded underneath the second conditional line. If it does not show up indented, then you need to click on the third line and drop it onto the question mark of the line above. That's how Composer interprets that it should only execute their third line if the second line is true.

Can you confirm whether that third line is indented under the second?

>turn on mudroom -> light

? if time is night time

-> turn on hall light

--Jason

I even continue to make it. The trick, I guess, is that you have to "drop" the new item onto the question mark. If you drop it onto the line of text after the question mark it just moves things around, doesn't indent.

Archived