C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 "stuck" in a non-video room, doesn't adjust on "4" press

jbs

We're using an HC300 for our on-screen controller. It sits both physically, and in Composer, in a closet called "Rack Room". The closet has no television in it.

What used to happen is that when a remote control was set to a room with a television, if you pressed the "4" button, it would bring up the Control4 interface on screen, the remote would say HC300 as the selected device, and the room in the top left corner of the blue screen would say the name of whatever room the remote had been set to. Worked great.

Lately, though, no matter what room you're in when you press the "4" button, it will come onscreen with "Rack Room" selected. Since the remote is not in Rack Room, you can't control the onscreen display. And since the Rack Room is not someplace you'd ever be using the remote, it's hidden in the Navigators. I had my dealer unhide it in trying to sort through the problem, and now while I can navigate to the room, since there's no video device in there I still can't select or control the "4" interface.

My next step will be to have them move the HC300 in system design to a room that has a video display in hopes that it will at least default to the room where I most often use it, and worst case I can change to that room on the remote, then use the remote to change the room assignment on the "4" interface.

But can anyone think of why it would be doing this in the first place? Usually if I shut off the controller and bring the system back up it will work properly, but it seems to get stuck more and more lately.

Also, not sure if this means anything, but the HC300 seems also to be stuck on PAL even though all of our TVs are NTSC. When they select NTSC in the System Design view it gets selected but then if you click away and click back to it, it's back on PAL.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Jason

Archived