C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer LEDs color - if LED attached is unchecked

gcjacob

Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a long time but never asked a question - right now I’m finishing the installation of my control4 system and I’ve got to a situation that I don’t know how to deal with:

if the option LED Attached is unchecked on a dimmer, how do I control on programming it’s color? I just found the option to change the on and off color for the led, but as the LED are unattached, what should be the on and the off of it?

I’m not a dealer, but the dealer is my friend, and we are working together on the programming of my house.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Sorry to post again here, but i dont know if i was clear on my question, as i did not get any responses.

I leave in Brazil, and there are not many dealear here, and the dealer that is helping me don't know how to solve it and neither speakes english, so that's the why I'm asking instead of him.

I'm not doing any kind of piracy, and he has composer on his notebook, and he brings it home every time we do some programing - i don;t have it installed.

thanks again

Unattached just means they don't follow the switch's movement (ie: LIGHT ON turns the LED on as well).

So to do it manually you make changes to the programming that say something like:

When Top Button is Pressed

- Change LED Color of Top Button to GREEN

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Hey,

Thanks for you answer. I thought it was something like that, the problem is I don't have this option on the dimmer commands.

I Have the options Set Top LED ON and Set Top LED OFF.

No option for the Set TOP LED (idependent of ON or OFF) - and i didn't understand what is defining the ON and OFF state of the led.

Thanks

Correct - there are two ways to program the LEDs - and each LED has two states an "ON" state and an "OFF" state. So just change the color for the state that you want to change. Since you're not tracking ON / OFF - and the buttons are disconnected, it'll always be in the OFF state. So make your changes to the LED's OFF state in your programming.

• 9 months later...
Correct - there are two ways to program the LEDs - and each LED has two states an "ON" state and an "OFF" state. So just change the color for the state that you want to change. Since you're not tracking ON / OFF - and the buttons are disconnected, it'll always be in the OFF state. So make your changes to the LED's OFF state in your programming.

It doesn't work. I think there is a bug. When LED attached is UNCHECKED you cannot change the LED colors in any way. It's a software bug apparently.

A little off topic, but is there a way to reset the dimmer to its original setup?

Once again my limited programming ability has dug a hole for me.

I programmed my dimmer LEDs to turn red when we set the alarm before going to bed. Then when we get up and take the alarm off, the dimmers go back to the original blue. Problem is that when the dimmer buttons are pressed on or off during the day, the LEDs on the dimmer (top and bottom) stay solid blue, and don't indicate if the light is on or off.

No a big deal, but it's bugging me that I kind of messed it up by programming it.

Thanx.

Archived