C4 Forums | Control4

Fatal Error Problem with HTC

sjj31a

Just curious if anyone has experienced this. My dealer and I added 3 older HTC's to my system for our kids rooms. They are independent from the rest of the house and given the location it was literally impossible to run wire from my HC1000 (ceilings and floors are foam). The HTC's are working great for the application as we were able to get the full navigator on screen as well as pop up weather on wakeup, a seperate music zone through their TV's (no additional speakers needed) etc.

Having said all that I then got to thinking that we have several "announcements" that my wife can hit from the kitchen touchpad (ie Call Kids, Dinner, School etc). These are using the new 1.6 announcement feature. The problem is when I try to add the HTC's as a zone in the announcement I get a fatal error. It happens on each of the HTC's so it is not isolated to one. What is even stranger is that if I select them as an audio zone they work great (i.e. they show up and I can select as a central zone or they act as individual zones).

Any thoughts. I attached a screen shot in my composer HE of the error. Furthermore, I looked for the log file referenced but cannot find. My dealers thoughts are that the HTC's might not support the announcements even though they have been upgraded to 1.6

Steve

Archived