C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Alexa and Composer HE

iez

I have Alexa already setup and working with Control4, although I haven't been able to really use it as it's only performing some scene predefined by my dealer and not really useful to me.

It is not clear tomen how can I create new scenes or actions using Composer HE in order to have Alexa perform more specific actions such as going to a certain channel on the tv or turning on the audio in a room with a specific TuneIn radio station.

Can somebody help me or recommend me a guide to to this? I have not found much information on Control4 or amazon official guides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, iez said:

I have Alexa already setup and working with Control4, although I haven't been able to really use it as it's only performing some scene predefined by my dealer and not really useful to me.

It is not clear tomen how can I create new scenes or actions using Composer HE in order to have Alexa perform more specific actions such as going to a certain channel on the tv or turning on the audio in a room with a specific TuneIn radio station.

Can somebody help me or recommend me a guide to to this? I have not found much information on Control4 or amazon official guides

you setup scenes in HE using the Voice Scenes driver. You can do this yourself.

you setup scenes in HE using the Voice Scenes driver. You can do this yourself.

Thanks for the prompt advice!!

Can you give me more info about where to download this specific driver?

Just now, iez said:

Thanks for the prompt advice!!

Can you give me more info about where to download this specific driver?

Like any other driver, you dealer has to set it up.  But you said he made scenes for you, so that driver must be installed.  Look for a driver called Voice Scenes driver and than you can add, edit, delete scenes from there.  Then you go into the programming tab and you can program actions for the scene.

Archived