C4 Forums | Control4

Connecting lights to Keypads

zaphod

My dealer has set up most of my keypads to control lights using the "Connections" (if that is the right term) feature for C4. He should me how he did it but it appears that Composer HE does not have Connections as I don't see this tab on Composer HE - how do I make changes from Composer HE of these connections?

What is the advantage to using Connections vs. using the Programming features? You can do the same thing (and more) under programming, can't you?

Composer HE does not allow you to make connections, only Composer Pro can do that. I guess the advantage of not using connections is that you could use programming in Composer HE to make changes. The downside of not using connections is that you have to do all the programming for changing LED status and all the other built-in functions that connections provides. Connections are everyday easy (PUN) you make the connections and everything works. Programming takes a lot more work.

Thanks henniae - can I start adding programs to the buttons or should all connections be deleted first -i .e. will there be a conflict or will the button perform the actions defined in both the connection and the program? And is there any way to delete the connections from within Composer HE or do I have to get my dealer to do that.

You'll want to remove any connections if you are going to control the devices programmatically.

That's what I was worried about as this means I have to use my dealer. Kind of annoying if you ask me - I should be able to do any and all of this type of work from Composer HE. So I had to pay the dealer to add the connections and now I will have to pay my dealer to remove the connections so that I can program it myself.

Archived