C4 Forums | Control4

Direct TV VIP not accepting IR commands

BEI

I can't get a Direct TV HD VIP612 to take ir commands. I have one in the theater room connected to an HC300 and one in the living room connected to ah HC500. The one on the 500 works great. The one on the HC300 just stoppped working. I removed the drive and reinstalled it. No go. Could Direct have downloaded an update? It seems that the unit in the theater room will only accept rf commands now. Client is not happy, called Direct TV, woman I talked to had no clue. Any help out there??????

I can't get a Direct TV HD VIP612 to take ir commands.

1st off, genius, a VIP612 is a "DishNwork" receiver, NOT DiercTV.

Could Direct have downloaded an update?

Once more, not DirecTV, but yes there could have been a download for a software upgrade, happens pretty regularly, but rarely will they cause a problem.

It seems that the unit in the theater room will only accept rf commands now.

A good "DishNetwork" CSR could help you with that over the phone.

Client is not happy

Imagine that.

called Direct TV, woman I talked to had no clue.

Well I bet... since you called the wrong company.

Any help out there??????

Maybe ask your boss for some training? And you might could, maybe, even... oh I dunno... Call DishNetwork?

WOW

So, I got some garbage about my writing dish vs direct. Now that I know some people are good at dispensing negative information, any possitive info? The satellite company just said to swap out the box. Seems drastic.

1st- Garbage? Yeah that's most likely what your client is saying if you still haven't fixed it... in a week now no doubt.

2nd- Type what you mean... it's like calling an Akai a Sony, really now. And you're a tech?

3rd- I'd say it's a setting in the receiver, or an improper bind in programming. And just to narrow it down (this should have been done before you even left the client's house), swap the receivers and see if the same occurs.

Welcome to the forums

Oh and LMAO @ "The satellite company"

Archived