C4 Forums | Control4

Sony 777 and light scene control

fdastoor

I have a single Sony 777 in the basement which via switches can play video in the theater in the basement and in the MBR anf Fam room upstairs.

I had programmed a Theater light scene to come on whenever the Play or pause button was pressed on the Sony.

I now discover that if someone watches the Sony upstairs and then stops or pauses it the light scene in the theater is coming on and remain on until I go downstairs and realise they are on.

Is there a way to prevent this short of removing the light scene from the stop and pause buttons?

Is there a way to have the scene to be activated if the Sony is being watched in the Theater only?

You could put in a conditional that the lighting scene only executes if the disc changer is the selected device in your basement.

The attached screenshot shows how I would do it. Substitute basement for Great Room.

The conditional is found under room variables on the Action Screen on the right.

yes, lesson one, program at the room level, not at the device level.

when pause(or play) is received

if video source selected (in whatever room) is sony 777

then execute light scene.

otherwise, evertime you would pause the 777, no matter what room was watching it, it would trigger the scene.

Archived