C4 Forums | Control4

Waking Up Nvidia Shield TV (2017)?

I recently integrated my rooted Shield TV (2017) with Kodi and LANmote. However LANmote does not appear to be working whether Kodi is closed or not. My understanding is that this is the case for most, and the dev is working on a updated version.

My main issue is that the device goes to sleep regardless of the power setting to never sleep, I also haven't had any luck with wake on LAN. I have attempted sending magic packets to the device outside of my Control4 setup to no avail too. Has anyone ran into this issue or potentially solved it already? It would be preferable to not have to wake it up via its own remote or the Android TV app.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

-LzK

After much searching it appears WOL on the Shield is a known gap.  A user on another forum had the following to say.  His solution might work for some depending on your setup and needs.

WoL does not work with Shield TV. You can use adb instead. Activate Debugging on the Shield TV (connecting it via USB at least once, then you can use ADB via Lan) and get adb.exe. The command would be adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP

I wrote a batch file that looks as follows. It connects to shield box via adb and executes the "wake"-command then disconnects. You will have to substitute the IP-Adress with the one of you Shield box. 

@ECHO off
cd /d %~dp0
adb kill-server 
adb start-server 
adb connect 192.168..1.100
timeout /t 5
adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP
adb kill-server

I was able to figure out my sleep problem.  Even though I had HDMI-CEC disabled on all devices, I found a second HDMI passthrough section on my Denon receiver that needed to be disabled as well.  I suspect my receiver was telling my Shield to sleep even though I had it disabled in the settings menu for the Shield itself.  Hope this helps others.

Cheers!

-LzK

• 4 weeks later...

Were you ever able to get LANmote to work? I have it installed and can navigate to its server page from a browser on my computer but the arrows do nothing...

However the Mouse, Media, & Apps sections work. The Keypad section does not...

Archived