C4 Forums | Control4

No sound from any source (1.6)

I had this problem for a day...

equipment - 2 hc300's, 2 of the new amps (v3?), 1 audio matrix switch, and 1 amx video matrix switcher and a ton of sources (tv's, consoles, dvd changer, etc.).

so I got upgraded to 1.6 a while ago with no problems. On Sunday, I had a problem with composer he which I thought caused my hc300's to lose their link. I unplugged both hc300's to reboot. When they came back online, I lost sound for all sources which destroyed the harmony between wife and kids.

Excellent Houston dealer logged in on Monday and discovered that the audio matrix switch got reset to zero volume when it should have been at 100. I think I could have fixed the problem myself with composer he by double-clicking on the av switch and adjusting the volume, but I'm not certain. Anyhow, 5 minutes after my dealer logged in, problem solved, wife and kids at peace again.

Apparently, this may be a bug in 1.6 depending on equipment which is why I mention it here. I hope I'm not repeating a previous discussion.

tum

• 3 weeks later...

dealer just updated our system to 1.7.1.290. when it was finished, same problem as mentioned above-no sound. again, the audio matrix switch was not at 100 after the update. I fixed the problem myself and now all is good.

tum

Archived