C4 Forums | Control4

Climate/Thermostats

dhendriksen

I wasn't planning on using Control4 for my anything other than audio/video/lighting when I built my house. I have a really advanced Evolution Zone thermostat system. Basically how it works is I have one main termostat, that can control all the other thermostats in the house. There are three "satellite" thermostats that control the rooms they are located in. This works by having a "zone" board downstairs that communicates with the thermostats and opens and closes the dampers that are in my ducting all over the place. It is a great system, but I would love to integrate this with C4. My dealer said he has no idea if that is possible. What are your guys' thoughts?

Think it can be done?

What all would be involved?

Would the new C4 thermostats still display the outside temperature like my current one does?

Thanks!

Would the new C4 thermostats still display the outside temperature like my current one does?

Thanks!

The C4 thermostat won't display the outside temp. However, with Card Access you can have a exterior temperature sensor that will display the temp. via the C4 UI.

Thanks!

The C4 thermostat won't display the outside temp. However' date=' with Card Access you can have a exterior temperature sensor that will display the temp. via the C4 UI.[/quote']

Oh cool, thanks. Do you have any idea whether or not the Control4 has the ability to control the zone setup I have?

Archived