C4 Forums | Control4

Ring Doorbell won’t connect to internet Pakedge Router

Hi. Just got a ring doorbell and it will not connect to the internet. I have a Pakedge WR-1 with a TP Link AP, they are on separate SSID and band steering is off. Pakedge is set to 5Ghz only and the AP to 2.4Ghz and every wifi device connects ok through the AP. The doorbell finds the SSID through the AP and connects but gets no internet and fails the install. Been on to Ring support, made sure the Wi-Fi channel is between 1 and 11, band steering off and the doorbell is in range but still it keeps failing. Any suggestions?  Thanks

I am running the WR-1 with a ring and I am able to connect without issues. The only portion I am missing is the TP Link AP. How far away is the ring to the WR-1? Could you unplug the TP Link AP and see if you are able to connect to the internet using only the WR-1? 

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Fixed the problem, well my dealer did actually. It was with the AP that was set to 20/40 coexistence, changed it to 40 and everything connected. As well as the ring connecting we can now connect 3 laptops that were having the same problem. Now everything works great. 

Thanks. 

Archived