C4 Forums | Control4

Security Camera Load Issue on C4 Mobile App

nevets23

All,

I'm having some trouble getting the feed from the security cameras to load on the C4 Mobile App when on the LAN. Security footage feeds flawlessly to T3 screens, televisions (NVR is hooked up to video matrix), and even on the c4 mobile app when on cellular service. The only issue is on the C4 Mobile app when on the LAN. The cameras are luma 700s, and there isn't a NAT Loopback issue (I can access the cameras fine when on the LAN when using DDNS though the separate Luma App). Also, curiously enough, when I'm using the C4 mobile app while on the LAN, if I click on a camera to see the security feed the "thinking wheel" will start spinning and basically never stop....however I have noticed that if I hit the "Image" mode button, and then go back to the "Movie" mode, the feed loads. There are no issues with loading/seeing the image mode for any of the cameras.

For a number of reasons, I'm guessing it has something to do with the H.264 feed. When I test the "Snapshot" and "MJPEG" url feeds in Composer, they pass. However, the H.264 url test fails (url not verified: could not read from resource error). Port forwarding of ports 554, 80, and 8000 is setup correctly as well.

Anyone else have this issue, or know how to fix it/what the problem is? I'm out of ideas at this point.

Thanks in advance!

I have a similar problem, to some extent, intermittently.  I don't have any T3s, but my Luma NVR is also hooked up to my matrix, and that works fine.  The Control4 app works "good enough" most of the time.  I have a total of 8 cameras, and I don't think I've ever had them all "go live" in the same order.  What I mean is that I'll tap "Security" and the 8 rectangles will show up with progress spinners, and then the cameras will fill in, one or two at a time, in random order.  Usually they are all loaded within 15 seconds or so. Mine work slightly better on LAN than from outside the home.

FWIW, the image test is the only successful one for me in Composer - the MJPEG and H.264 tests fail with an " Unable to load DLL 'C4ImageStreamer.dll': The specified module could not be found." error.  Yet they work fine in the C4 app.

I've never been bothered by it enough to bother my dealer with it.

Archived