C4 Forums | Control4

Options for full motion video

hehateme

I was wondering if Control4 and it touch panels support full motion video. I am considering 7 inch POE panels.

The video will be used for baby monitor and potential security camera. Let me know if it is supported. If it is not supported then are there any other options available?

Thanks

They don't have a video input (like component) that is overlaid on the touchpanel, but the Navigator software *can* display live video from IP Cameras (typically Panasonic and Axis).

The frame rate is not as fast as live video, but it works to see what's going on with the camera.

RyanE

They don't have a video input (like component) that is overlaid on the touchpanel, but the Navigator software *can* display live video from IP Cameras (typically Panasonic and Axis).

The frame rate is not as fast as live video, but it works to see what's going on with the camera.

RyanE

Ryan, any word on when this will change? 4 or 6 frames per second like we get now is less than ideal, to say the least. People laugh at how "glitchy" the camera is, I think 4 frames per second may be giving it too much credit.

It's pretty much limited by the speed of the CPU in the touchpanel, and that there's no native support for MJPEG and/or MPEG4 in the QT libraries used by the graphical Navigator.

It's possible the flash interface being developed for residential will have better native support for the formats, and may provide a better framerate, but it's much too early to promise anything on that front. It's a wait-and-see sort of thing at this point.

It is much better on the mini-touch and on the 7", the 7" because it has a beefier CPU. The mini-touch because it's only retrieving a 320x240 image.

RyanE

Archived