C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbell programming

spoonman56

Yes refresh every time.

I even tried this, without the "if" statement:

______

Execute announcement

Execute scene Front Hallway

It still will not execute the lighting scene.....

I also tried:

Execute announcement

Toggle Front Hallway

Still no luck.

I also tried the 1 and even a 2 second delay as suggested above, no luck.

Maybe my HC500 is haunted.

Interesting that it won't work even without the IF statement in there. But you did say that the lighting scene will work if activated from somewhere else, right?

And I'm not in front of Composer right now, but I didn't think you could TOGGLE a scene. Do you also have a LIGHT called "Front Hallway" as well as a SCENE called "FRONT HALLWAY"?

I'd try 2 more diagnostics.

First, move the light scene, still without the IF statement, ABOVE the announcement.

If that does not work, then remove the announcement entirely and see if you can get the doorbell to just execute the light scene.

--Jason

Interesting that it won't work even without the IF statement in there. But you did say that the lighting scene will work if activated from somewhere else, right?

And I'm not in front of Composer right now, but I didn't think you could TOGGLE a scene. Do you also have a LIGHT called "Front Hallway" as well as a SCENE called "FRONT HALLWAY"?

I'd try 2 more diagnostics.

First, move the light scene, still without the IF statement, ABOVE the announcement.

If that does not work, then remove the announcement entirely and see if you can get the doorbell to just execute the light scene.

--Jason

I'll try that when I get home, thanx again.

Archived