C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbell programming

spoonman56

I will try the "on release" side when it's dark here later.

It just seems strange that the annoucement works fine' date=' but not the lighting scene.[/quote']

You're still not going to try nesting the IF are you :P

how do you nest under an executable statement? i think you have a choice of above or below only.

I will try the "on release" side when it's dark here later.

It just seems strange that the annoucement works fine' date=' but not the lighting scene.[/quote']

You're still not going to try nesting the IF are you :P

how do you nest under an executable statement? i think you have a choice of above or below only.

Hmm you're right. I'm playing with it now in composer.

^You don't need a "dealer" for checking that. Granted I have no idea what I'm doing most of time but I did see this under Props for your project name. If you say the routine works elsewhere then this setting is probably OK. i just check the routine without things like this then add them in after a clean check-out.

We've setup many doorbells...

We program on the RELEASE not the PRESS - but I don't see that being the problem here.

I'd suggest, first, exactly what henniae told you to do - verify that the NIGHT programming is correct. If your timezone, or long / lat are off - then you're system thinks it is daytime when you think it's nighttime (and who's to say who's got it right... LOL).

How about TEMPORARILY adding an identical IF clause beneath the current IF clause (not nested, parallel).

If Daytime, execute scene Front hallway.

So it would look like:

Execute announcement

If Night time

> Execute scene Front Hallway

If Day time

> Execute scene Front Hallway

That way, you can eliminate any timezone issues and you'll be able to test it without waiting for sundown. If the scene works, then you know it's something about the timing. If it doesn't work, that means there's another problem.

Archived