C4 Forums | Control4

WTB DSC NEO W/ Ethernet Communicator

C4tune

Thank you for the info. Can someone who figured out composer pro (slowly albeit) figure out the dsc software? Is it available to public ? Is the transceiver only in the keypad? Is it a 4-wire that runs the keypad? Prob best not to use ethernet I assume. 

yes, the software is easy and available.  Its a bit tricky to set up but once up its easy to use.   You can get keypad with transceiver built in or separate keypad and transceiver.  Yes 4 wire.  IP communications are encrypted....

16 hours ago, Dave w said:

yes, the software is easy and available.  Its a bit tricky to set up but once up its easy to use.   You can get keypad with transceiver built in or separate keypad and transceiver.  Yes 4 wire.  IP communications are encrypted....

Thank you for the information! I meant can I use ethernet instead of a security grade 4-wire? 

I beleive you mean using cat5 or cat-6 cable for keypad to panel.  If so, Yes, any 4 wires will work.  Its low voltage.  I used Cat5 for mine. It is 8 stranded wire, so  I just twisted two strands together for each of the 4 connections.  Works great...

Archived