C4 Forums | Control4

Multi Tuner V2, precedence and radio stations

gcjacob

Hello,

I just got my multi tuner V2 installed, and I’ve got some doubts about it:

1st - what happens that the stations I’ve added under am and fm on the media tab doesn't show on the tuner option of my MTS's? I've added 1 station on each of the bands, and they didn't show. My dealer and i tried to disconnect the am/fm from the tuner and no success - after that we connected it to the Denon receiver I have, and them it showed up, but only the FMs, and when I select the station it turns on the receiver, and not the multi turner (my 2nd question). We tried to restart HC300 an no success. After that we disconnected the am/fm from the receiver, and I was surprised, cause the fm radios are still there now, but no AM. Does anyone know if it is a bug or something like that?

2nd : what is the precedence order C4 uses to select what radio it will turn on, in case I have the receiver (zone 2 is connected to the multi channel amp) and the multi turner (also connecte to the multi turner amp)?

I hope I was clear on my problems, and if I did not, please let me know and I can try to be more specific.

Thanks a lot

1) You didn't do a REFRESH PROJECT - that's why they're missing. Do that and they'll appear. Strange that your dealer didn't know that... :(

2) It's in order of the project. So TUNER 1 usually gets picked first - then TUNER 2. If Tuner 1 is in use in another room - the system is smart enough to know to go to Tuner 2.

Controlfouruserghguy - check what JEM suggested - he's right that if you don't have them tagged as AUDIO ONLY - they won't show up on MTS, Onscreens or remotes.

gcjacob - I don't follow your question - can you please clarify? I "THINK" you're asking if you have a Control4 Dual Tuner and a seperate AM/FM receiver as well? Well - chances are that AM/FM receiver is only in a single room? So it would take preference to the Control4 which is available throughout the house.

Slemay,

Let me try to clarify my question:

I have 1 receiver on my HT which has am/fm turner.

Before I had the Multi turner, I was using it’s radio through my house (zone 2 connected to an input on the amp)

Now that I have the mutiturner, I have connected it’s 2 outputs to the amp also, but I kept the zone 2 of the receiver connected to the amp also, so if I look at the available radio sources to one room, I have the receiver turner, the 2 multiturner and, am and fm broadcasts.

My concern is: ifd I select one particular radio station on the MTS, what turner would control4 uses? The receiver or one of the multiturner radios?

Thanks again for your promptly reply.

Regards.

it goes in order. Whatever is listed first in the project is what is selected first UNLESS it's in the same room.

So if this receiver is in your family room and you select a radio station - if the multituner is NOT in the same room - than the family room should pick that receiver first. After that it goes straight down the project order and finds the first available tuner.

Archived