C4 Forums | Control4

FLOW CHART OF HOOK UP - need help

Hi I have made a flowchart - as best i can - to show how I am planning to hook up control4 in my house currently being built. To be honest I may be doing it in an inefficient way. Please take a look and let me know if it makes sense or if there is a better way to organize this. Im noobie.

Thanks.%7Boption%7D

Oh also - the tv's - how do i turn these on? i wont have enuf IR transmitters from the HC300 - can the remote that comes with the controller just be programmed to send an IR signal to the tv from the remote? Otherwise not sure how to turn the tvs on haha.

No, the c4 remote does not send IR, it only operates on Zigbee. You should plan on either "stacking" equipment on the same IR out using an IR distribution block (might work assuming the two devices arent using the same codes otherwise you'll have two devices doing things at once instead of one) or buying another HC300/HC200 for more IR outs or local IR control of the TVs.

thanks for the tips

But.... if i hook up the way i have it diagramed should things work? I know i wont be able to distrubute video all over and just use what is directly hooked up to each tv and I am fine with that for now. that said - does my plan look ok?

Archived