C4 Forums | Control4

Malfunctioning In wall 10” T3 Touchscreen

nevets23

I wrote this past week about an issue I was having with the screen saver on one of my T3 In wall 10” touchscreens randomly waking up even though no one touches it or is even close to it.

Turns out there are bigger problems with the device.

When I select lighting on the screen, the adaptive phase dimmer, which is at the bottom left hand corner of the screen, starts turning on and off without me ever touching anything. In addition, when I try to change the screen saver, the screen in which you select what type of screen saver you want will pop up, but then randomly go away a couple secs later without me touching anything.

Of course the T3 is 2.5 years old, so it’s out of the warranty period, which is extremely irritating, as this isn’t the first c4 device I’ve had fail (although it’s the first one to be out of the warranty period). I’ve tried factory resetting the device multiple times, and it doesn’t make a difference, so it seems like something in the device is on the fritz.

Has anyone else had this type of issue with their T3s? I’m guessing my only option is to buy a new one at this point, but I don’t want to do it if they are prone to breaking/not lasting very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it is definitely on the same version. Based on a search of the forums, it seems like this issue is not that unusual with the T3 screens...several other people have stated their T3s have had issues with the bottom portion of the touch screens. Pretty disappointed if my only option is to buy another one at this point. Certainly a little hesitant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived