C4 Forums | Control4

Marantz SR7002 HDMI issues and HC500 IR questions

Have a Marantz sr7002 with 2 HDMI outputs - cant find a driver that works (all of the drivers actually dont list and HDMI output.) Need some direction on that. Also, I have an IR quantity issue. Have multiple TV's and multiple divces to control with IR. With only 6 IR ports on the HC500, how do I hook up all of these IR emitters? 8 or 9 tv's with 6 devices that need ir control? Any help would be appreciated.

If there is not driver for your sr7002 that supports both HDMI outputs you will need to try and create one.

In regard to more IR outputs you can get dual output emitters that have two IR bugs per plug or use IR splitters such as the 789-44 from Xantech. Make sure you don't have multiple identical devices hooked up the the same IR output. If all of your 8 or 9 TVs are the same model or model line it is possible that they all use the same IR codes. In this case you will need to purchase another controller to get more IR outputs.

Thanks - I'll try and come up with a new diver - got the rs232 codes from the marantz web site - just got to figure out how to program in rs232 code. As far as the tv's, they are all samsung 40" series 7 - guess itss time to get another conntroller, but before that, anyone ever work with the globbal cache system that sends the IR signals over the LAN?

Archived