C4 Forums | Control4

7" Touchscreen Button Problems

sjj31a

I just installed a 7" and am having some trouble. When I first installed I was able to program the buttons, however I discovered the touchscreen was not available for use of Pop Announcements because it has been installed with the portable vs the wall mount driver (it is the standup POE version). When we switched to the wall mount driver the pop ups worked fine, but now the buttons don't do anything. It is really wierd, in composer you can execute the commands under the button presses and they work fine, but when you push the button a no go. Is this a known problem?

Yes, several times...and rebooted. What is strange is this is 1 of 3 - 7" inches in the install and all are doing the exact same thing. 1 is configured wifi and the other 2 POE. All have the same issue. Everything else is working perfect.

The buttons on both of my 7 inch touchscreens stopped working recently. There was no change to the system at that time.

I was finally able to get them working again by powering the touchscreens down and restarting them. Not sure if that is what you meant by rebooting but rebooting the controller alone may not be enough.

That worked! So strange that it would affect all 3 at the same time. Once I powered down all 3 and restarted the screens individually worked like a charm. Again they all stopped working at the same time its like they are hooked together (yet my 10.5 was fine).

Steve

Are they setup on DHCP or with a static address?

Having all of them go at the same time sounds like maybe your DHCP server gave them new leases with different addresses at the same time, which could cause issues.

RyanE

Archived