C4 Forums | Control4

Matrix switcher?

TonyE

I purchased an Autopatch 8x8 component video switcher. (HDMI will replace it once the

switchers become more affordable) It also has 8x8 analog audio capability.

Initially I was just going to run the outputs directly to my flat screens but

have since prewired them all for 5.1 surround. I believe I will now need a

digital audio matrix switcher that will run to four seperate 5.1 receivers.

Is this correct? I found a 4 x 4 switcher on Ebay for $79. It seems pretty

cheap compared to what I will have tied up in the rest of the system.

Any suggestions for achieving my goals would be appreciated.

I'm interested in setting up control4 components in my new house but don't want to be soaked with setup expenses. Is this sight informent to setup myself ? I started buying components on ebay but am getting nervous if I will ever get it up and running on my own. What are the esential components i'll need to run Home theatre,music through up to 16 rooms and more in the future.

You can't set it up on your own, Control4 is designed to be installed by a certified dealer. You need special software to create the initial project and to get all the equipment "talking" to one another.

After you set up your gear initially in the project, you can change programming and other features on your own with some software you can buy from your dealer.

There are cases where people buy gear on eBay and their dealer installs it, but it typically comes with the notion that the dealer won't warranty that gear that they didnt sell.

It may or may not be possible, You will have to ask Dealers in your area.

I, will not work this way, but you might find somebody.

Good Luck

PS

I would recommend that you get a dealer involved for every aspect of the install

Archived