C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat works for heat but cycles fan on/off when cooling

I have two ccz-t1 wireless thermostats connected to two independent heating and cooling untits. They were installed in the fall.

The heat mode works fine.

The AC mode does not work correctly.

The AC unit (compressor) outside turns on and stays on, but the fan unit (in the heating unit) turns on for split second and then immediately off -- pauses for 2 seconds then the on/off split second again --Then paused for 2 seconds -- repeats over and over.

I checked the wiring at both ends and it seems to be correct.

Any ideas?

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out to be a power stealing problem.

When the air conditioner turns on there is not enough power to share or be stolen by the thermostat. The battery backup takes care of the problem, but when the battery wears out, the thermostat resets itself every time the air conditioner turns on.

Temporary fix is to replace the battery. Permanent fix is to run a control wire to power the thermostat.

I have two ccz-t1 wireless thermostats connected to two independent heating and cooling untits. They were installed in the fall.

The heat mode works fine.

The AC mode does not work correctly.

The AC unit (compressor) outside turns on and stays on, but the fan unit (in the heating unit) turns on for split second and then immediately off -- pauses for 2 seconds then the on/off split second again --Then paused for 2 seconds -- repeats over and over.

I checked the wiring at both ends and it seems to be correct.

Any ideas?

Thx.

Is this still a problem or was it fixed and if so, what was done?

Archived