C4 Forums | Control4

MDU as a Standalone system

C4Fan

Hi Guys maybe this is a bit of an unusual question but before I ask it I will explain why

We have a client with approximately 40 apartments which were intended to each have their own C4 system and be tied in to an MDU however we have now been advised that the purchasers of each apartment will decide if they are having a system.

My question is if an apartment decides against a C4 system in theirs will a touch panel alone suffice for MDU services ? or is it critical to have a controller? if it is critical will a CA-1 not suffice ? 

You need to elaborate on "MDU Services".  Are you hoping to offer things like the ability to make calls from the touchscreen to the front desk, concierge services, etc?  If so you will need a communication server, a well designed building network, and the proper gear in each unit.  Or are you just going to have a bunch of stand alone project in the apartments?

26 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

You need to elaborate on "MDU Services".  Are you hoping to offer things like the ability to make calls from the touchscreen to the front desk, concierge services, etc?  If so you will need a communication server, a well designed building network, and the proper gear in each unit.  Or are you just going to have a bunch of stand alone project in the apartments?

On top of this you may also need DS2's for front gate and also individual apartments

7 hours ago, alanchow said:

On top of this you may also need DS2's for front gate and also individual apartments

Thanks everyone for responding . I have provisioned for the MDU pro server. and DS-2’s in certain areas. 

The rest as a minimum is two way voice / video to and from conceive. only the concierge need receive the Ds-2’s 

As i said before the hope is still that each apartment takes at least the minimal C4 package being offered in which case moving onward with 44 EA-5’s. 

The network is managed and independent to serve the C4 only. 

I am damned if i’m letting this job go to a Savant mash together

4 hours ago, C4Fan said:

Thanks everyone for responding . I have provisioned for the MDU pro server. and DS-2’s in certain areas. 

The rest as a minimum is two way voice / video to and from conceive. only the concierge need receive the Ds-2’s 

As i said before the hope is still that each apartment takes at least the minimal C4 package being offered in which case moving onward with 44 EA-5’s. 

The network is managed and independent to serve the C4 only. 

I am damned if i’m letting this job go to a Savant mash together

You should speak to Greg Wright from Control4.  He is the MDU guy.

Agree with Alan, you need to get either Greg or your TFM involved.  You really need to make sure you get the design right on this or it's going to be a big headache.  Also I'd highly recommend getting the comm server and some of the other gear in ahead of time to test and get familiar.  If you do it right though the MDU solution is pretty awesome. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.