C4 Forums | Control4

No transport controls for LUMA 510 NVR

I have a new LUMA 510 NVR with the latest firmware and C4 driver. 

None of the NVR playback/transport commands are working from the remote or the OSD touchpad when the NVR is selected as a video source though debug shows the command being sent through the driver (see example below when the PLAY button pressed)

ReceivedFromProxy: PLAY on binding: 5000

(SendCmd) SENDING[http://10.20.98.225:80/wps-cgi/RemoteControl.cgi?Cmd=play&Status=PressandRelease]

[ReceivedAsync]: #CGI execution OK#

(SendCmd) RESPONSE[CGI execution OK]

However the view keys work (Show 4 grid programmed on the Blue button):

ReceivedFromProxy: PROGRAM_B on binding: 5000

(SendCmd) SENDING[http://10.20.98.225:80/wps-cgi/RemoteControl.cgi?Cmd=view4&Status=PressandRelease]

[ReceivedAsync]: #CGI execution OK#

(SendCmd) RESPONSE[CGI execution OK]

Luma 510 NVR firmware is 3.4.95 Build 180717

Using Luma Navigation driver (IP version) 11/14/18

Anyone seen this?  More importantly, does anyone have a system with a 510 where transport controls work from the remote as you would expect from an NVR?

It looks like transport controls work if you are physically logged in to the NVR but stop working after the session times out.  This leads me to believe that the driver is not logging itself in before sending commands.  Does this make sense?

What's odd is it looks like whatever response the driver is getting they're accepting as a valid response for the command. If the session is timing out you would think they would login and try the command again.

I'll take a look at the driver and see if it's encrypted or not.

15 minutes ago, TheWizard said:

What's odd is it looks like whatever response the driver is getting they're accepting as a valid response for the command. If the session is timing out you would think they would login and try the command again.

I'll take a look at the driver and see if it's encrypted or not.

What confused me is that some commands work as expected if a user isn’t logged into the NVR (like grid view) but anything that manipulates the NVR config/transport does not.  I *think* everything works as long as the user login on the NVR itself hasn’t timed out.  I was hoping to find a “stay logged in” option on the NVR but can’t find anything in either the NVR or web interfaces.

2 minutes ago, TheWizard said:

It does mention nothing is returned with the HTTP response though.

Meaning no error code indicating successful or not?  That makes the driver debug info pretty useless then, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.