C4 Forums | Control4

Streaming Music via LISTEN menu

I am streaming music to two zones. One has a Sonos 5.1 setup. Here’s my question:

If I use c4>Listen>Spotify (or really any source - but Spotify requires a phone or another way to access). I get the Sonos tv profile sound (dialogue enhanced). If I choose my same zone Sonos Connect in the Spotify app... the sound is optimized for music.

Is there a programming issue, work around etc, to let Sonos know when I’m on the C4 listen menu sources, it needs to use the Sonos music profile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I should unhide Sonos in the navigator?

What is best practice to show or hide?

I have the following streaming services. One room is Sonos, the other is Denon. ...and where should I grab the stream? (Denon, Roku, EA5 (native in the Director, right?

Spotify
Amazon Prime Music
Pandora
Sirius

I need all of these in each room.

I guess I want to know how to get the best quality sound in each room. Obviously, the Sonos is challenging me in that room. As mentioned, it’s tuned to enhance dialogue for video and not tuned fir music.

Here’s how far I will take this... I’m willing to ditch Sonos. I have a time of money in it, but I also am a C4 Koolaid drinker. What about Triad, HEOS, etc. I will always be running Denon and/or Marantz as my main AVR (Living Room).

For Triad, if you want 5.1, you will need an AVR instead.

It sounds like you are using the C4 native streaming services, so unhiding Sonos to use Sonos streaming wouldn't make much sense.

If you're fine with 2.1, then you can use a Triad One or Triad AMS (with Triad Power AMP) for the second zone and then use programming to change the EQ.

The reason the C4 native audio is kicking on the TV setting on the Sonos is because the C4 stream would be coming in as a physical input (stereo, digital coax, etc). C4 native audio does not work directly to Sonos products.

Thanks so much. I follow your posts and you’ve been very helpful. I can tell by your posts that you’re very knowledge, so thank you for sharing with the forum.

I don’t mind having to add an AVR. I have a 6mo old Denon X3500 I am about to retire for a 13.2 channel X8500 in my Living Room/Media Room. So that’ll be available for up to 7.1. And it’s all already extended from a rack room over high-end AVPro Edge AC-EX100-444-KITs at 18gps for HDMI, ARC, Optical, plus 3 Cat6a onboard, but is Triad the best wireless solution? I wonder about HEOS for example? Regardless of what it ends up being, seamless 100% C4 integration is critical.

Haha - get ready to see a massive amount of Sonos in the FS section of the forum.

For wireless and if you are already using the C4 native services, the Triad One is the best solution since it's integrated just like all the C4 controllers.

Heos drivers have more control from the C4 UI, but Heos only natively joins with other Heos (C4 audio has to go in through a physical input just like with the Sonos players).

I don't mind posting answers. It helps everyone, especially when there are certain limitations with integrating many different devices. I know every dealer has to go through the same discussions and the best part is having an understanding customer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.