C4 Forums | Control4

Need help - how to remove Araknis WAP from back plate?

pinkoos

Hi, I need to remove a wall-mounted Araknis WAP temporarily to get a wire out that was tucked behind it and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it off the flimsy back plate on which it's mounted.

From some online diagrams, it looks like the back plate itself has some hooks that the WAP is snapped onto.

My problem is I can't figure out how to get the WAP unhooked from the back plate.

I've tried gently pushing straight up on the WAP from below and then gently trying to pull it away from the wall/back plate, but have not had any luck and I'm afraid to apply too much force for fear of either breaking the hooks off the back plate, breaking the back plate itself or ripping the back plate off the drywall.

Desperately need some suggestions!

Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

It slides to the side with a little bump. You will see the stops on 1 end where the AP meets the bracket so we what side to push it

There are "lips" along the bottom corners and bottom middle of the back plate that would seem to to prevent the actual WAP from being able to be slid either left or right

The only direction I would think it would be able to slide without meeting an obstruction is straight up, but I can't seem to get it to move without the back plate starting to bend and, again, I'm afraid the hooks/tabs would then break off

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.