C4 Forums | Control4

Bought a new house with C4 installed

Hi, just bought a new house (uk) and it already has C4 installed witha reasonable about of kit. Just trying to figure out how much i can do myself or how much i need to get in touch with a dealer. As a start id like to at least get the app installed and connected so i can stream music to devices (amazon music / spotify).

Any advice helpful - i appreciate this is somewhat vague at present. Cheers

55 minutes ago, andyc4newcomer said:

Hi, just bought a new house (uk) and it already has C4 installed witha reasonable about of kit. Just trying to figure out how much i can do myself or how much i need to get in touch with a dealer. As a start id like to at least get the app installed and connected so i can stream music to devices (amazon music / spotify).

Any advice helpful - i appreciate this is somewhat vague at present. Cheers

there is software called Composer HE which comes with 1 free year of 4sight - its $150 one time fee.  yearly its $99 for 4sight thereafter.  That gives you software that lets you program just about anything BUT you still need a dealer to add new hardware into your project.  4sight gives you ability to use the app to access your system from anywhere, gives you ability to use Alexa built in services and When/Then programming online.

Sometime in 2.10 OS releases they allowed end users to add their own music services, so you should be able to do that.  if you have access to the system just go to a room with audio and click on listen and you should see "add music" as an icon.

Do you have your account name/ user info/log in credentials?

Did the install/sale come with some sort of introduction to the system from the dealer of record?

Hi eggzlot, No i dont have an account name yet - i should also point out the house was not new - i bought it from someone else, and so the equipment is not new, so i doubt i would be elidgible for the 1yr free.

I've also noticed that the equipment isnt all connected to the internet, so i've bought a switch so that all the boxes can be connected on the same LAN. From what i can see there is:

4 Zone amplifier (not sure of model

2 x remotes

1 x C4EA3

1 x C4-HC80-BL-1

1 x C4-WMB-B

2 x wallmounted touchpads

1 x freestanding touchpad

Cheers

4 hours ago, andyc4newcomer said:

Hi eggzlot, No i dont have an account name yet - i should also point out the house was not new - i bought it from someone else, and so the equipment is not new, so i doubt i would be elidgible for the 1yr free.

I've also noticed that the equipment isnt all connected to the internet, so i've bought a switch so that all the boxes can be connected on the same LAN. From what i can see there is:

4 Zone amplifier (not sure of model

2 x remotes

1 x C4EA3

1 x C4-HC80-BL-1

1 x C4-WMB-B

2 x wallmounted touchpads

1 x freestanding touchpad

Cheers

you are a new user, so buying Composer HE should still net you 1 free year of 4sight.  its based on being a new user, not new hardware.  As far as accessing a system left behind by another owner - I'd suggest contacting c4 support or an online remote dealer - which as the posts above implied - both are handled.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:05 AM, andyc4newcomer said:

Thanks mate - i've contacted C4 main support also to get me setup, but hoping this forum could offer some initial pointers. I'll try and get the original cred's. I'm midlands area - but suffering form the normal new home shortage of funds lol

No worries, feel free to get in touch if you need any further assistance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.