C4 Forums | Control4

Programming question for CA Garage Automation Package V2

Hey there, Having a couple issues on programming of the Card Access Garage Automation Package V2. Everything is installed correctly. In Composer, in garage we added..

CA inHome mini remote, CA inHome wireless contact relay, CA gate relay. The kit calls for a driver for the CA inhome wireless contact switch.. Cannot find the correct driver for this anywhere. The one for download on the card access website contains a few drivers with the same name and they will not load in composer. So in the meantime we added a inHome wireless contact sensor (im guessing this is not the same as the wireless contact switch driver)

In composer, looking at system design, the wireless contact relay shows the state of the contacts of the garage doors (open or closed) and I can manually open and close the doors. When trying to program any events or triggers for example when button 1 of the mini remote is pressed, going down to the right side and selecting the contact relay or contact sensor there are no available actions to choose to have happen.

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks alot guys!

On the right side you would't choose a sensor. You would choose a garage door or light or whatever you want to change based on button 1 pressed. In my case choose button 1 pressed, then I go to the right side and scroll to my garage then select my garage door(which your dealer will need to add if not already there), then below that I choose action to toggle. That way when I press the button the door will either open or close depending on it's current state. I hope that is what you were wanting to know?

I am the dealer/installer, Just waiting to get access to that side of things its a slow process dont ask me why.

Nowhere in the programming can I see somethin such as "If garage door is open do X" or "close garage door if X is pressed" etc

If you were a dealer, you would've been through training, and know how to do this.

What you're missing is that programming events for the contacts on the CardAccess piece are not on that driver, but they're on standard 'contact' drivers. You need to add a garage door driver, and bind it to the CardAccess device driver.

Once you do that, the programming happens on the Garage Door driver, not the CA driver.

RyanE

Archived