C4 Forums | Control4

Amount of Media files to store?

I have a HC500 and am wondering what is the max number of Media records (mp3) that it can handle?

It seems to be very slugglish lately when browsing. Sometimes it even seems to lock-up. I have about 2400 mp3 stored. That does not seem like many.

Thanks

Steve

Yeah, but dont bother trying to queue up more than 125 songs at a time. I have experienced minute long delays between songs when the playlist is that long.

Really? I have some HUGE playlists and they play perfectly.

What controller are you running?

I have the same problem and it has to do with the software more then the controller. You can resolve a little bit of the problem by having a HC300 with external hard drive attached to it.

I now do not have problems with playing playlists. The only thing is that I create the palylist using the software vias a computer and just usethe control4 interface to access the list not create.

Tha other thing you can do for speed is use as list not "Show Artwork" album covers, this slows down the application greatly.

Have a good one

I have a library with 10+GB stored locally on my original MC...

I've found that the remotes cannot keep up with the large lists...artists, queues, etc...

They seem to play ok, but having 1000's of entries displayed in the (v1/v2) remotes just dont work...

Archived