C4 Forums | Control4

Storing MP3 files on an NAS drive with an HC300

Appreciate any advice here. I've just attached a Buffalo Link Station NAS drive to my C4 network, created a shared folder called music and copied a few MP3 files to the folder. I then imported a CD using Easy Importer. The MP3 files were on a memory stick in the HC300 USB port (to test the digital music features) and they were recognized and played with no problems from the USB stick.

Now I can't see the imported CD files on the drive with windows explorer but they show up as a shared folder under the C4/Net directory and the Navigators show and play the CD fine. But Easy Importer doesn't show the MP3 files in the Music folder. It shows it as empty.

What am I missing here?:o

Thanks!

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. What's confusing me is that Composer is showing //ls-xhld3f/Music (the NAS drive and folder I createdon it) under Media/ Stored (along with the sony777 etc.) with an Audio Media and Video Media sub directory. So it looks like Composer see's the NAS drive on the network and automatically connected to it. Easy Importer see's the same folder when I import a CD so I select that "device" and it imports (about 15 minutes over the network for a CD...seems long?). It looks like its importing into the HC300 storage rather then a mapped folder but I'm not sure. I haven't had my dealer do anything yet and maybe that's the problem. Does a NAS drive setup require the dealer to setup the drive in the HC300? Thanks again...

Ok, I deleted and re-added the NAS drive using Easy Importer Digital Media ADD (for an external device) and ls-xhld3f shows up and goes on-line. The drive has the mp3 files in this folder (I can see them w/ explorer). I Catalog the Music directory and the mp3 files show up. Now I try to import a cd and (oh #$%^) it says the device is read only but I know I've set the permission on the drive to read/write...hmmmm.....

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. What's confusing me is that Composer is showing //ls-xhld3f/Music (the NAS drive and folder I createdon it) under Media/ Stored (along with the sony777 etc.) with an Audio Media and Video Media sub directory. So it looks like Composer see's the NAS drive on the network and automatically connected to it. Easy Importer see's the same folder when I import a CD so I select that "device" and it imports (about 15 minutes over the network for a CD...seems long?). It looks like its importing into the HC300 storage rather then a mapped folder but I'm not sure. I haven't had my dealer do anything yet and maybe that's the problem. Does a NAS drive setup require the dealer to setup the drive in the HC300? Thanks again...

The NAS storage driver must be setup by the dealer in Composer. It looks like this:

The NAS drive shows up on my Composer Home Edition just like the screen shot you sent after I added it in Easy Importer. I'm running the latest 1.7.3.20 and have the latest Media Composer but my HE is older (waiting for the new link). But!!..now the mp3 files show up in the Composer Media, the Easy Importer and on my Navigators. But when I try to play I get an "unable to play selected media" on the Navigator screen. Could this be an HC300 driver issue?

Seems the latest software with Easy importer is able to add a NAS drive to the system. Now...what's wrong with my media?? These are the same files I was playing on the USB port from the memory stick. Any ideas?....and thanks again for the help...

Ok, so deleted all the files from both the NAS drive and the HC300 (or so it appeared) and readded by scanning with Easy Importer. This time the mp3 files play...except the cataloging is wrong. Etta James and Thelonius Monk somehow got confused...oye....will try a recatalog and refresh one more time.

A NAS drive can be added using Easy Importer and the Home Edition. Everything is scanned and working, MP3's in the root folder and each imported CD in it's own folder and I re-cataloged and the database seems correct. One last problem, on some Navigators the My Artists and My Albums work perfectly but on others they lock up with either black screen "Please Wait" or a single entry (digital audio screen) with "Please Wait". There's no way to get out of the black screen but the single entry "please wait" allows a back to the previous screen. I've refreshed the navigators 5 times and have experimented with audio on and searching vs no audio and searching thinking it might be network congestion ( but with a 66mb Buffalo I doubt it unless the router at the C4 is hosed).

Anyone else run into this and have a solution?

Archived