C4 Forums | Control4

Problem identifying dimmers

I admit that I bought some dimmers off of ebay. They were sold as new and looked new when I got them. I have the help of a dealer identifying remotely, but we are having problems. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had an idea as to what might be wrong.

On, off and dimming all seem to work from the dimmer.

The dimmers all have both the top and bottom led lit green most of the time.

When identifying the dimmers tapping the top button 4 times causes the top and bottom lcd to both blink yellow (about 20 times) and then both flash red really fast some unknown number of times and then back go solid green.

We tried resetting the dimmers using 9 - 9 - 9, but that did not seem to have any affect.

Did I just get a bad batch of dimmers or can someone help me understand what is going on.

In reply to your post, I would have your dealer remove the dimmers from the project. Then add them back to the project, the try to reidentify them. Sometimes when the dimmer LED lights flash on and off, that means that they are getting a new update. The dimmers you bought off of eBay may have been on and old version. Hope this helps.

In reply to your post, I would have your dealer remove the dimmers from the project. Then add them back to the project, the try to reidentify them. Sometimes when the dimmer LED lights flash on and off, that means that they are getting a new update. The dimmers you bought off of eBay may have been on and old version. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, however we have already tried that several times. So far none of the 6 dimmers we tried were able to be identified.

The dimmers you have are either hospitality dimmers, or residential dimmers that have been loaded with ZigBee Pro firmware.

There is no way to downgrade the firmware outside of Control4 doing it in the lab, and unfortunately, they won't work in your system until your dealer updates your system to 1.8 (which is not released yet) or later.

-1 for ebay.

Sorry.

RyanE

The dimmers you have are either hospitality dimmers, or residential dimmers that have been loaded with ZigBee Pro firmware.

There is no way to downgrade the firmware outside of Control4 doing it in the lab, and unfortunately, they won't work in your system until your dealer updates your system to 1.8 (which is not released yet) or later.

-1 for ebay.

Sorry.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan. That is much better news then getting something that will never work. Guess I will just have to wait for 1.8 or 2.0 to be release(I hope latter this year). Much better then having to toss them away.

Really appreciate the response.

• 3 months later...

I noticed that the other dimmers in my house are LDZ-102P10 vice the ones that I just bought on Ebay are LDZ-101P10. What is the difference in the models-I looked on the control4 site and all that is listed is the -101's.

Also- what is a "hospitality dimmer?"

Hospitality dimmers are Control4 dimmers (same hardware), but with the firmware loaded to be used in a 'hospitality' project (hotels, etc.).

They're a different firmware, and were ZigBee pro long before the Control4 residential dimmers had that as an option.

RyanE

Archived