C4 Forums | Control4

Concord Alarm

I am trying to set up my concord 4 alarm to turn on all the lights in the house (or just trigger an event) if the alarm is triggered. It seems as though the control4 considers the alarm in trouble or panic if the alarm is set and an entrance door is opened. This will trigger the panic even though the user still needs to plug in the alram code to deactivate it. I need to tell the alarm or control4 this is not a panic. Maybe only when the siren is triggered I will like an event to trigger. Any advice?

Thanks

Matt

You could probably set a C4 event delay similar to your entry/exit delay then have the program check the status of the alarm before executing. For example, if you have a 45 second delay on when your front door opens for you to disarm, have C4 trigger the door opening event, delay 45 seconds, then check the alarm status. If the alarm is triggered at that point you execute one thing (turn on all lights) if not, stop.

• 1 month later...
Yes thats true. I will spend some time over the couple of days. I could program each sensor and contact vs the alarm itself.

First of all, you should always work smart not hard. The best way to accomplish this is to create a ture/false variable in the agents section of programming. Then inside of conditional programming set your delays and events that will trigger this to true or false.

Archived