C4 Forums | Control4

10.5 touchpanel locked up

I work for a rather larger integrator in the DFW area. We have a client that came to us after having serious problems with another dealer. (dealer stole a 10k amplifier and put an video processor on his Qualia projector to scale the image down so it would fit the screen.) That dealer installed Control4 in one of his media rooms. (after removing a Crestron system) We are back in trying to fix everything that the other dealer messed up. Part of this included adding new components. I used to work for a Control4 dealer that went out of business. It's been about 2 years since I have messed with C4 but I still have Composer on my laptop. I was just going to come in and fix the job and reprogram the system. The version of composer that I have (1.7) was newer than the version on the HC300 and the 10.5 touch panel thus forcing me to update them. I had the 10.5 touchpanel on the dock and began to up date it. It will not update it. All the touch panel says is "Could not install Pre Upgrade Setup" and will not get out of that screen even after restart. How to I reset it to factory defaults or force update the touch panel?

Please help. I tried called Control4 tech support and they will not help. I don't blame them but it would be smart to not frustrate a dealer that does 32 million a year in sales....

Thanks,

Chris

Archived