C4 Forums | Control4

1.8 Update - Quirks

roflitsowens

Hey guys, first post on c4forums, bear with me.

We're a control4 dealer in eastern Iowa, and over the last few days, I've been making the transition to 1.8 at our store. We have about 25 ZigBee devices there, and 2 controllers that run everything.

Just wanted to point a couple of things out for those of you who are considering the 1.8 update-

For the love of god, please read the release notes, the new ZigBee Pro firmware on all of your dimmers/switches/remotes/outlet stuff is entirely different, so don't assume 1.8 is just another update that you can apply using Composer.

Control4 reps and Tech support have told me the transition to 1.8 is smooth and you shouldn't run into any problems... not entirely true, you may want to wait a month or two before you do it.

After updating, this is what we experienced at the store, and I'm sure there's folks here who are much better at the c4 thing than I am, and may be able to give some advice as to why these problems are happening, or how to fix them as well.

We have an HC-500 as director, and an HC-300 as a slave controller, both running navigator and both have IR controls to manage

After the update, for whatever reason, the HC-500 seems unresponsive to any type of ZigBee contact, we've had to move the ZigBee related stuff to the HC-300, and it seems like the HC-500 and 300 are trying to both run ZServer and it creates major conflict. We've been unsuccessful so far in disabling ZServer on the HC-300 when the HC-500 is running director, not sure why?

SR-250 remote performance has decreased significantly, seems like there's a LOT more time spent at the "Please Wait..." screen.

Touch-activated programming things, such as a timer to shut off a light or a fan, seem to only respond "once-in-a-while"

So like I was saying, we've had to move director to the HC-300 and all ZigBee related stuff, so not sure what's up with the HC-500 in the 1.8 release, but if I were to throw my advice on it, I'd say wait a little while yet before doing it

and any input would be GREATLY appreciated,

thanks guys!

You should keep this within the 1.8 thread already created so everyone just has one repository. While the dealer forums are a better place to get your questions answered, since I don't know of any end users running 1.8 - I have some tips that I will share but can't from am iPhone.

Archived